You need to stay alert while booking resorts in Sayulita Mexico resorts, as to avoid falling prey to scams. Our aim here will be to share some useful tips so that you can avoid falling prey to scammers.
How to avoid scammers while booking Sayulita Mexico resorts?
Few things you can do to avoid falling prey to fraudsters include:
- Check References: Check whether it is possible to get in touch with other people who stayed at the resort. This way you will be able to understand whether they enjoyed their stay at the resort. If it is a scammer who made the posting for the resort then he will not have these details and as such, will show his reluctance to provide the details.
- Examine Utility Bills: You will have the assurance that you are dealing with an actual owner if the person is able to provide you with utility bills for the resort. On the other hand, a scammer will not be able to show these bills and this may work as a red flag to be wary of.
- Send the Booking Contract by Post: If there is a booking contract that you have to sign and return then you should ask whether you can send it by post to the owner’s address instead of sending the same through email. By using this strategy you will be able to figure out whether the property actually exists at the physical address mentioned in the listing.
What are the common scam tactics that everyone should remain wary of?
Let us look at few of the common scam tactics that you need to be aware of.
- Fake Adverts: Here fake listings are created for properties that do not exist. Fraudsters make use of photos from other listings to create such fake listings.
- Phishing: Here scammers somehow access a genuine owner’s resort listing and start communicating with vacationers. Once a vacationer sends over a significant deposit amount, they simply vanish.